Tuesday 3 November 2009

Glasgow Part Deux…

So yesterday we booked up the tickets for our trip to Glasgow! Yay!

I went up there in March of this year… kind of a reunion thingy… two of my school friends moved up there when I was 15, and the wonder that is Facebook reintroduced me to them so I grabbed a couple of the girls and we made a weekend of it! Great times were had, and I aim to be repeating that this time round.

Benny was one of the guys in our little gang at school. Like me, he started halfway through, when everyone else had already got their gangs and you feel like a bit of a twat trying to find to new friends. We hit if off really well, and I was kind of devastated when he moved… not least because I had developed a huge crush on him by the time he went and we actually got to doing a bit of the smooching, and then he buggered off to run in fields of thistle…

His older sister Jay was a wild one at school. She was even naughtier than me, so obviously we got along really well. By the time she moved to Scotland, she had had a little girl, Kiki, and things hadn’t gone so well for her down here, so it was a fresh start for her, which I am glad for. Nowadays she has a cheeky monster by the name of Gabriel within her brood as well, and both kids and rascals but beautiful.

The last time we were there our delightful tour guide Benny was a diamond… looked after us from start to finish, and didn’t even moan that he had to babysit three absolute nutcase women for the entire weekend. It was so nice just to catch up and spend some time with him, and he is definitely a friend that has been around for a long time and isn’t going anywhere for a long while. I have no doubt that there will be some rather alarming pictures taken, and I will be sure to put them up, okay maybe not the most alarming ones (Karen has a delightful one of me pissing about in a pair of tights from last time… so not cool), and will probably have a few hairy stories for you all. I’m taking a completely new group of ladies up there with me this time:

Danielle: Danielle is 19 and at uni. I have known her for about five years now, but originally didn’t really speak to her at all. I used to be very close to her brother Tommy, who I used to also have a major crush on, but me and Tommy are both scaredy pants when it comes to making any kind of moves in the loving department, so things have never worked out for us. However, it has introduced me to the legend that is Danielle and I am eternally grateful to him for that (even if he is a bit of a battycrease these days). I have never met somebody who is quite as much on my level as this girl, and I have never met anybody with whom I can be so completely relaxed around. We both have the same sense of humour, and are both slightly dippy when we least need to be, so it fits that we would get along so well. She is completely my sidekick these days, and there is no way I do anything these days without her. Which results in good times, and some not so savoury stories about adventures that we go on. And a love for her like a fat kid has for cake… fat kids and their cheeseburger titties…

Keilee: Keilee is Dan’s older sister, and although slightly more reserved than myself and Dan, this girl knows how to have a good time and is ready and willing to do it! She has recently come out of a long term relationship that basically dominated much of what she has done over the last few years, but she has thrown herself into wholeheartedly making up for it. It was her idea for this weekend away, and I feel that there will be much to laugh about when we return.

Ella: Ella is probably the quietest one of us going, but luckily enough she has had experience of us three crazies being together from a weekend trip we made as a foursome to Brighton earlier on this year. Ella is one of Keilee’s best friends and a good laugh, so I shall be looking forward to bitching about passers by again with her. We are too good at it.

So this is the gang this time round. Brighton was groovy, we had our first experience of staying in a hostel (resulting in all four of us sleeping in the same bed even though there were a further three in our room – apparently if one of us was getting cooties we were all going down together), and I am pretty sure that there will be a fair few more firsts from this weekend coming – December 4th to the 6th. It’s Glasgow baby… and it’s game on…

No comments:

Post a Comment